Thursday, January 5, 2012

Meet our current babies!

Our oldest babies are about 2 1/2 months old and they are troopers! When I say trooper, I mean it in every sense of the word. These babies were our second ever batch and they lived through us learning what was right and wrong and a lot of mistakes in between. They are now trained to eat frozen mysis and love to dance for us, hoping to be fed as soon as we walk up to the tank. They are looking cooler and cooler everyday and will be moved to a juvenile tank soon!



Our second oldest babies will be a month old tomorrow and they are growing fast! They are feisty little guys with eyes bigger than their mouths! They are trying their hardest to snatch up adult brine but aren't quite big enough yet :) 



Our littlest babies were just born on Tuesday. Their parents are one of our wild caught pairs, Sparkles and Jeff :)  These are their first babies ever and I have been waiting and waiting for them to have babies because Sparkles, as her name implies, sparkles! She is beautiful and I can only hope her babies will be just as pretty! They are still so little it is hard to get a good picture but as soon as I do I will be sure to share! Now that they've had their first batch its just a matter of time before we have more sparkly babies, they are flirting as I type!

Our next batch will be birthday babies as they are due on my husbands birthday, January 10th! And our newest pair, the female I posted a picture of in my earlier post should be having babies sometime next week as well! Well, the female wont be having the babies, her mate will. Oh yes, in the seahorse world it is done the other way around, the male carries and delivers the babies! But I will save that explanation for another day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment